Local Spicery’s Affiliate Program
We’re honored that you’re interested in spreading the word about the Local Spicery spices you enjoy in your cooking. Since 2012, our family business has grown from a small customer base at the Marin County Farmers Market to national sales through our website.
2012 – Local Spicery begins its adventure in spices by establishing a milling facility in Novato and selling our spice blends at the Marin County Farmers Market.
2013 – Local Spicery expands its operations by supplying a full line of spices to local San Francisco Bay Area restaurants and attending Farmers Markets in three counties.
2015 – Local Spicery opens a small specialty retail store on historic Ark Row in Tiburon, California.
2016 – Local Spicery expands its operations to developing a line of loose-leaf teas.
2018 – Local Spicery moves its Mill from Novato to Marysville to expand its processing capabilities. Local Spicery commissions a website designer to develop a new full-service website.
2019/20 – Local Spicery expands its operations to support a national Internet business.
2021 – Local Spicery offers affiliate agreements to a few like-minded friends and business associates whom we’ve met along the way.
We offer more than 300 different products, ranging from base spices such as basil and freshly-milled cumin to unique proprietary spices blends such as our salt-free Pepperoni Spice, from loose leaf teas and tisanes to dairy-free drinking chocolate. Our spices and teas are all-natural – no irradiation, no ETO treatment, no fillers, no added gluten, no nuts, no dairy – just real food and real flavor, milled and blended by hand in small batches.
Terms of Service
1. Local Spicery’s Affiliate Program is a service that allows participants to earn commission on sales referred to Local Spicery using specially tracked links. We provide you with a custom link that you can post on your website or social media. When a visitor you’ve referred to us makes a purchase through this link, our software keeps track and we’ll give you a commission on the sale.
2. We envision working with just a handful of affiliates (United States only); we are not actively looking for affiliates. Membership is limited to like-minded folks whom we respect and who have a social media presence relevant to our products.
3. There are no fees associated with the Local Spicery affiliate program. It is completely free to participate.
4. We’ll work with you to develop your own unique landing page on our website, which will serve as your custom link capable of tracking the visitors and sales you send to us.
5. We pay a 10% commission rate on all spice and tea sales that are generated through your unique landing page /custom affiliate link.
6. There is no minimum sales level required to remain in the program, but commission checks are not written until you earn $50 in commission.
7. We will pay your monthly commission by check. Your account needs to have a balance of $50 or more before the end of the month to receive a payment. Otherwise, it will continue to roll forward into the next month until the $50 minimum is reached and we issue payment.
8. You can review transactions generated through your link – clicks, sales, and commission – by logging into your account. (We will not have access to your account once you generate your own password.)
9. We do not pay commission on self-orders, but if you are developing a new recipe or would like to try one of our spices, just let us know! We’ll also send you new products that may interest you as they are developed, so you can try them out and provide feedback.
10. You’re welcome to share/use our social media posts and we’ll do our best to share your social media posts when you use our products or post something of particular interest to our customers.
Please read our affiliate terms and conditions below carefully. We’ve tried to write this section in plain language without legalese to ensure that it’s clearly understood by all parties. Each Affiliate is responsible for assuring that its employees, agents and contractors comply with these terms and conditions. Affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change. Please contact us with any issues or concerns.
Terms and Conditions
DEFINITIONS – (i) “We”, “us”, or “our” refers to Local Spicery and our website; (ii) “you” or “your” refers to the Affiliate; (iii) “our website” refers to localspicery.com (iv) “your website” refers to the websites that you link to our website; (v) “Program” refers to the Local Spicery Affiliate Program.
ENROLLMENT – This program is only open to the friends and business associates we invite.
LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE – Once you agree to be part of our program, we’ll work with you to create a custom link/landing page to serve as the Affiliate interface. Your Website will not in any way copy, resemble, or mirror the look and feel of our Website. In other words, you will not create the impression that your Website is our Website or any part of our Website, and vice versa. You may not engage in cookie stuffing or include pop-ups, false or misleading links on your website, and neither will we.
PPC GUIDELINES – Our program does NOT include a pay-per-click advertising program.
COUPON GUIDELINES – We rarely, almost never, use coupon codes except to waive shipping for orders picked up at one of our locations.
SOCIAL MEDIA GUIDELINES – Posting your affiliate link on your own Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media platforms is the whole idea. However, we ask that you do not post your affiliate links on Local Spicery Website reviews, Yelp reviews, our Facebook, our Twitter, our Pinterest, our YouTube etc. or other Local Spicery pages.
REVERSAL POLICY – We reserve the right (but don’t anticipate having to use it) to reverse orders based on order cancellations, duplicate tracking, returns, disputed charges, and program violations. We do not pay commissions for any orders Affiliates make through their own Affiliate link.
FTC DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS – Please follow all FTC disclosure requirements. For information: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/ftcs-endorsement-guides-what-people-are-asking
WEBSITE RESTRICTIONS (In other words, we’ll all do the right thing.) – Your participating website(s) may not: 1. Infringe on our or any anyone’s intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights. 2. Violate any law, rule or regulation. 3. Contain any content that is threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, harmful to minors, or contains nudity, pornography or sexually explicit materials. 4. Contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information. 5. Contain software or use technology that attempts to intercept, divert or redirect Internet traffic to or from any other website, or that potentially enables the diversion of affiliate commissions from another website.