While chili is always a fantastic cold night dinner, Guajillo Garden Chili takes it to the next level with its warm, bright blend of flavors. Feel free to add in extra veggies and leave out the meat for a vegan-friendly dinner- the signature chili powder is full of umami flavors.
- 1 lb Lean Ground Meat (Bison, Beef or Turkey)
- 2 cups Chopped Onion
- 3 tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 cup Chopped Red & Green Bell Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 tbsp Guajillo Chili Powder
- 3 cups Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 cup Water
- 3 cups Red Kidney Beans
- 1 cup Chopped Celery
- 2 cup Chopped or Julienned Carrots
- 1 cup Chopped Zucchini
- 1 cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Heat oil in pot over medium high. Add ground meat while crumbling; then add onion, garlic, bell pepper, and salt. Cook while stirring until meat loses color. Drain liquid, reduce heat to medium, and add Guajillo Chili Powder.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil while stirring, cover pot, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes. (Or, put remaining ingredients and meat mixture in crock pot and cook until veggies are tender, ~6 hours. The longer it simmers, the more melded the flavor will become.)
- Dish into bowls and top with fresh cilantro.
This recipe is featured in our Chili Dinner Gift Box, as well as in our Game Night sets.