Great for salads and sandwiches alike! This versatile recipe works in all seasons. It’s the perfect way to spice up a cold dinner on a hot night, or even a brown bag lunch.
- 1 ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1 skinless boneless chicken breast
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 5 tablespoons curry powder (Madras, Bo Kaap, or Ras el Hanout recommended)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 firm-ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped (alternate: 1/3 cup mango chutney)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- ½ cup salted roasted cashews, coarsely chopped.
- Bring 4 cups water to a simmer with chicken broth in a 2-3 quart saucepan. Add chicken and simmer, uncovered, 6 minutes. Remove pan from heat and cover, then let stand until chicken is cooked through (about 15 minutes). Transfer chicken to a plate and cool 10 minutes. Chop into ½ inch pieces.
- While chicken is cooling, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, curry, lime juice, honey, ginger, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add chicken, onion, mango, grapes, and cashews, and stir gently to combine.