Snickerdoodles have been an American favorite for many years. To give this recipe a little bit of a twist, try substituting Chai Masala for the cinnamon.
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. In medium bowl, sift flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. In large bowl, cream butter and ¾ cups of sugar. Beat in the egg. One third at a time, stir in the dry ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Pinch off small pieces of dough and roll into marble sized balls. On a plate or in a shallow bowl, mix the cinnamon and 2 tbsp of sugar. Roll the balls in the mixture and place on an ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Flatten with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake in preheated oven for 6-10 minutes, or until the edges lightly brown. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Yields 10-12 dozen cookies.