- 1 ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 ½ cup sweetened flaked dried coconut
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, orange peel, and vanilla until smooth. Beat in egg until well-blended.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture, beating on low speed until dough comes together, about 5 minutes. Mix in cranberries and coconut. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on buttered baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 11-15 minutes. Shorter baking time will yield chewier cookies and longer baking time will yield crisper cookies. Let cool for 5 minutes of sheets, then transfer to racks to cool completely. Makes about 6 dozen cookies.