- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts
- 8 oz chocolate kisses
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add flour and nuts. Gather dough into disc shake and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate at least 1 ½ hours.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Form dough into 1 inch balls and insert one unwrapped kiss into the center of each ball. Make sure kisses are completely covered by dough.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheets for about 12 minutes, until just cooked through. Sift powdered sugar over the balls while still warm. Yield about 2.5 dozen snowballs.