These cookies are fantastic- delicate, not too sweet, and perfect with coffee or tea!
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp freshly ground cardamom seed
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease large baking sheet.
- Using electric mixer, cream ½ cup sugar, butter, and egg until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, cardamom, and baking powder; mix into butter mixture until just blended
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. Roll each on lightly floured surface to 14-inch-long rope. Arrange on prepared sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Flatten each to ¼ inch rope, using spatula.
- Mix 1 tbsp sugar with cinnamon; sprinkle over ropes.
- Bake until slightly puffed, beginning to color and dry to touch, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut diagonally into 1 ¼ inch wide pieces. Cool completely on rack. Store in airtight container.