Jammy and delightful, these apricot bars are amazing for get-togethers. Once you’ve had your first bite, try sprinkling just a touch extra Dusk on top- it adds a layer of brightness and spice that can’t be beat.
(This recipe also works very well with peach, raspberry, or cherry preserves).
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 10 oz Apricot Jam
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp almond extract or Amaretto
- 1 tsp Local Spicery’s Dusk
- ¾ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Cream butter and sugar. Blend in egg yolk and extract. Add flour, Dusk, and walnuts. Mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Spread half evenly over bottom of 9×13 inch pan. Spread jam over dough. Drop remaining dough by small spoonfuls over the jam, spreading to the edges of the pan.
- Bake until top is golden, about 30-40 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting into squares.