Adapted from Crunchy Creamy Sweet’s recipe. These macaroons are perfectly fall-flavored, with pumpkin and coconut pairing as well in cookies as they do in Starbucks specialty drinks. With or without the dark chocolate dip finale, these cookies are perfect for pretty much any occasion, and are so easy to throw together!
- 1 14 oz bag sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice + extra for garnish
- 5 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 11.5 oz bag dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Line an ungreased baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together coconut and sweetened condensed milk.
Add flour, pumpkin, spice, and vanilla. Mix well.
Drop by rounded tablespoon on prepared baking sheet..
Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the cookies look set and the bottom is golden brown.
Cool on sheet for 5 minutes, remove onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Place double boiler over pot of steaming water, ensuring that the base of the boiler does not touch the surface of the water. Pour in chocolate chips and, stirring frequently, melt until smooth. Meanwhile, lay out a stretch of parchment or wax paper.
- Dip cooled macaroons into melted dark chocolate, set on parchment paper, and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice over the top as it cools.
Will keep, refrigerated in an airtight container, for 5-7 days.