The perfect cookie to pair with coffee. These were great to bring to the library during Finals’ Week as a student, and are a delicious way to make after-dinner coffee with friends and family a full course of its own.
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp instant coffee crystals
- 2 tsp Kahlua
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt with a whisk and set aside. In small bowl, dissolve coffee crystals in Kahlua and set aside.
- In large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer at medium speed. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Add eggs and coffee mixture and beat until smooth. Add flour mixture and blend at low speed and do not over mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased sheets and bake 12-15 minutes. Yields about 4 dozen cookies.