Timeless and delicious, these are perfectly soft and delightful at all ages.
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar divided
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 48 chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Beat butter, peanut butter, 1/3 cups of granulate sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat until well-blended. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in separate bowl. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in remaining granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until lightly golden. Immediately after baking, press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. The edges will crack a little. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute. Remove from sheets to finish cooling on a wire rack.